10.10.2014

You've Got Mail

What reader doesn't love this movie? Actually, don't tell me. I don't even want to know you. Some time ago, I watched this movie again and made the following notes:

  • Starbucks is genius - it sells coffee and a defining sense of self
  • This movie is good despite Meg Ryan not because of her
  • Tom Hanks is brilliant. I want to watch Big now after watching him in that boat at the carnival
  • "I lead a small life. Well, valuable but small, and sometimes I wonder: do I do it because I like it? Or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book when shouldn't it be the other way around?"
  • So many annoying things: Why does she have THREE employees? What bookstore ever had the phones ringing and people at the door when it opened? And why a chapter book (Boy) during storytime? Ok. Maybe that last one doesn't totally annoy me, but curious still.
  • "It was that she was helping people become whoever they were going to turn out to be because when you read a book as a child it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life ever does."
  • Steve Zahn!! Mossy!!
  • Why would they ALL be at the NYC Fox Books all the time? Don't they have corporate offices?
Obviously, these are just a few small thoughts. And now that I'm typing this up, I may just have to watch it all again. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment