- Starbucks is genius - it sells coffee and a defining sense of self
- This movie is good despite Meg Ryan not because of her
- Tom Hanks is brilliant. I want to watch Big now after watching him in that boat at the carnival
- "I lead a small life. Well, valuable but small, and sometimes I wonder: do I do it because I like it? Or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book when shouldn't it be the other way around?"
- So many annoying things: Why does she have THREE employees? What bookstore ever had the phones ringing and people at the door when it opened? And why a chapter book (Boy) during storytime? Ok. Maybe that last one doesn't totally annoy me, but curious still.
- "It was that she was helping people become whoever they were going to turn out to be because when you read a book as a child it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life ever does."
- Steve Zahn!! Mossy!!
- Why would they ALL be at the NYC Fox Books all the time? Don't they have corporate offices?
You've Got Mail
What reader doesn't love this movie? Actually, don't tell me. I don't even want to know you. Some time ago, I watched this movie again and made the following notes: