11.07.2011

Welcome, Eastern Standard Time

I thought about waiting ten more days to post because then it would have been a full month since I last graced these *pages*, but that would take more energy and planning than I've got right now.  My tank was seriously depleted by the month of October, and lest you were worried, let me throw some reassurance your way: nothing tragic happened.  We're completely fine.  In fact, beyond persistent coughs and some regular life stuff, nothing bad happened at all.  Though I do not, like some, spend the entirety of November announcing my thanksgivings to the world, I am thankful for the regular busy-ness and fun that has worn me down this month.  But, it's over, and Daylight Savings Time has ended, and for once I'm glad.  I have been seriously craving the comforts of blanketed dark and the warmth and quiet of home nights, so this year, DST ended at just the right time.  Aaahh, coming Winter and the fullness of time.

As for what I've been reading, here's the rundown just for posterity's sake:

The Fairy Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, Book 1) by Michael Buckley
Tutored by Allison Whittenberg (which was thrust into my hands at the library by a former student - so cool when that happens)
Currently reading The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn and courtesy of Raych at booksidoneread.

None of these are blowing me away, but I have one more small people book to read before it goes back to the library, so here's hoping with some fingers crossed.

And just because my heart is heavy for a friend, may I suggest that you call or hug or otherwise let your mother know that she is loved and cherished?  It would mean a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment