4.08.2013

Jeff Daniel Marion "Playing to the River"

Jeff Daniel Marion is an East Tennessee poet, married to another poet I love (Linda Parsons Marion, whose work I featured two Aprils ago), and he is featured in Ted Kooser's American Life in Poetry today. His poem "Playing to the River" is there; do go check it out, will you? Jeff Daniel Marion is also the focus of a festival at Carson-Newman this weekend, and I dearly wish I could attend a few sessions, especially the one with Kooser himself! Instead, I will just hunt up a few more of his poems and enjoy them myself. Do you have an underappreciated poetic voice (as so very many of them are) you love? Please add his/her name to the comments below, especially if the poet is from the South!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see Kooser read...that would be so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it, though? I have heard Jeff Daniel Marion, and he is an amazing presence. Quiet and rather funny, if memory serves.

      Delete