6.02.2012

Photo-a-Day - Conclusion

It is now June 2nd, and almost June 3rd at that, and it has taken me until today to figure out how to photograph one of the prompts in this last set, so forgive the late posting.  It could not be helped.  This challenge has been so fun and only occasionally burdensome.  I feel like I've definitely gotten some unusual shots that I might not have looked for or captured later.  For all the pics from the month of May, see week one, week two, week three, and week four.  And now for the final days of May....

May 28 - The Weather Today

Pretty nice for a Memorial Day Cookout at the new house.

May 29 - A Number

By the end of the month, my kids were really involved in helping me take the perfect shot for each prompt.  They knew instantly that their soccer jerseys should be used for a number.

May 30 - Your Personality

This is the one that I simply could not wrap my head around.  When I asked my son, he said "Work."  Everyone else kept suggesting things that are easily associated with me like books or bare feet.  I, however, felt the picture should try to capture my actual personality, or at least my perception of it.  So, I finally landed on granola: homemade, a little crunchy, a little nutty, and with definite hippie-girl, tree-hugger undertones.  It works for me.

May 31 - Something Beautiful

Though I do think 3 of these 4 women are beautiful (excluding myself of course), I chose this shot for this prompt because it is a representation of one of the most beautiful things I know: friendship.  Thanks to Andrea, Savannah, and Dodd for putting up with me.

I just pulled the list for June.  What do you think?  Should I keep it up?  I likely would not post as frequently.  Maybe only at the end of the month with a montage or something smaller?  I'm a little late to the party, but I'm definitely thinking about it.  Convince me.

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo-a-day and hope you'll continue to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott. I'm going to keep trying to make a partial June work out. It is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the photo you took for your personality!

    ReplyDelete