5.20.2012

Photo-a-Day - Week Three

It's Sunday, and I'm posting photos.  It would seem I don't read anymore.  Or think.  Or do anything but work on our house and prepare for the move.  Appropriately, you don't care as much about my life as I do.  However, I do hope to be back to normal (or whatever approximation of normal is normal for me) in the next week or so.  Thank you for bearing with me.

May 14 - Grass
The boy just happened to bring this home from school today.  Nice coincidence.

May 15 - Love
My one and only.  For the record, he did not like me taking this shot, but he is a good man who puts up with a lot of my silliness.  I am thankful.

May 16 - What You're Reading
That's right.  You're eyes aren't fooling you.  I'm almost finished with the amazing Jess Walter's incredible new book Beautiful Ruins.  Review this week.  Released June 12th.  You know you want it.


May 17 - Snack
After a day of amusement park heat and nastiness, a little afternoon refresher.  Mmmm, Peanut Butter Cups.


May 18 - Something You Made
I made this mess.  I'll clean it up.  These used to be the stairs at our house.  I can't believe it's getting so close to happening.  Three years is a long time to be chipping away at something with no immediate reward.


May 19 - A Favorite Place
Part of the multi-level deck at our new place.  I can't wait to be there, sharing a drink with my love, after the kids have gone to bed.  Especially when the little creek just behind the railing is running - it is so peaceful. This spot is already a favorite place, but it will be even more in a week or so when we're all moved in.


May 20 - Something You Can't Live Without
I tend to avoid dramatics, so I went literal on this one.  I can't live without water.  There are many things I wouldn't want to live without, but this is one of the few that mean it.

So there's the week that was.  If I can get my act together, I will have a Pin It and Do It Challenge post this week as well as the aforementioned review of Jess Walter's Beautiful Ruins.  Plus, it's Summer Reading time!  Can't wait to get the kids signed up.  Beautiful Sunday, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Sara! That last picture is absolutely stunning! All the pictures are wonderful but that one took my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trish. I was pretty dang pleased with how that turned out, too. Are you doing June? I haven't seen your final pics from May yet. I'm a little behind with my visits.

    ReplyDelete