4.22.2012

The Read-a-Thon is OVER!

It is exactly 8 am in Tennessee, and I am calling this Read-a-thon a smashing success.  I went to bed around 1 last night and got up around 6:30 this morning to finish strong.  The kids snuggled on THE COUCH with me and did some reading of their own, and it was all a very pleasant way to start the day and end the 'Thon.

So....what you really want to know is how I did.

The total pages read is 1,022.  There were a few kids' books in there and some poetry (and a wee morsel of Southern Living at the very end), but it is still a lot of pages.  And I read from 10 am yesterday until 1 am today, pretty much straight.  That is a lot of hours!  You know what else it was?  A lot of fun!  I didn't get bogged down, it wasn't too exhausting, and the quiet focus of yesterday makes me want to do things like shop for groceries and iron today.  Crazy talk.

And here's how it plays out.  I will make a donation in the amount of $100 (approximately 10 cents a page) to the Orchard Knob classroom library project I was reading for.  One sponsor has already made a donation; a few others have promised.  If you want to make a donation or make good on your promise, just click the link and follow the instructions to make a donation.  And thank you all for the support, financial or otherwise.  NOW, for some breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Sounds like you had a great day, and what great fund-raising too!

    ReplyDelete

I love a good conversation, even (or especially) one that gets heated, so fire away! I try to respond to all in a timely manner.