4.21.2012

Hour Three: 10-11 am (Or My Hour One)

LET THE WILD RUMPUS START!

After a successful 5K this morning, my Read-a-Thon commenced around 10.  If you hate the regular updates that come with a Read-a-Thon, well, just ignore me today.  I hope to be busy.  Here's how my updates will work.  I'll provide you with a bunch of information regarding what I've read, what I've eaten, how sore my bum is, etc.  I'll also provide some wee feedback on whatever it is I've been reading.  My goal is to read at least one short story from the Tolstoy and something else each hour.

Location: the couch

Read/Reading This Hour: "God Sees the Truth, But Waits" by Leo Tolstoy and Redeye by Clyde Edgerton

Thoughts:  I think I'd read this story from the Tolstoy before, but it will be nice to spread them out and get this one knocked out.  There are 23 stories, so I'd have to read one an hour to get them all done.  Not likely, but I'll get close.  The Edgerton is a "Wild West" tale, and I'm not fully invested in it yet.  I want to read one of those tempting library books first, but I'm bound to clear out some stuff, so this is like taking my medicine.

Snack Status:  Just a large glass of post-run chocolate milk.  Need to get some real fuel in me soon.

General Mood:  Good.  Loving the quiet house and reading time.  Thought I'd have more read by now.

Books Finished Thus Far:

Total Pages Read: 59

So, that's hour one (or three...I can already tell this two titles thing is going to get annoying).

Don't Forget:  you can get on board with the fundraising aspect of this insanity.  Click here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good conversation, even (or especially) one that gets heated, so fire away! I try to respond to all in a timely manner.