4.21.2012

Hour Ten: 5-6 pm

Yes, I skipped hour nine.  I did keep reading for the most part, but was interrupted several times and didn't have much to report.

Location: the Couch

Read This Hour: Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward and Ellington Was Not a Street by Ntozake Shange and Kadir Nelson.

Feedback: Salvage the Bones is reeling me in.  I'm feeling the pressure build in these first 50 pages or so.  Ellington is a no-brainer for me because the poetry is beautiful from Shange, and Nelson is one of my favorite illustrators.



Snack Status: Still feeling a little off and weird (surely not from the run this morning?)  Ate a frozen dinner (don't even know why I have it in my freezer) and had some more Vanilla Chai Tea.

General Mood:  Still good.  Not too fatigued.  Haven't even needed a nap yet.  I did have to empty the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen a bit, though.  Just need to do something else with my body and brain for a few minutes.

Finished Thus Far: Redeye by Clyde Edgerton, Peacock and Other Poems by Valeria Worth, Ellington Was Not a Street by Ntozake Shange and Kadir Nelson

Total Pages Read: 463

The kids in Mrs. Roberson's class at Orchard Knob still need our help.  Let's get some donations or sponsors up in here!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling 100% - hopefully the next hour will see you perk up a bit. That book is absolutely beautiful. Rah Rah! Keep going! Now I'm off to put my jammies back on. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love a good conversation, even (or especially) one that gets heated, so fire away! I try to respond to all in a timely manner.