4.21.2012

Hour Four: 11 am-12 pm


Location: The couch

Read This Hour: "The Bear Hunt" by Leo Tolstoy and Redeye by Clyde Edgerton

Feedback: Still not convinced by the Edgerton, but the Tolstoy story was remarkable.  Let me just say it was true and that a wounded bear was "worrying" Tolstoy's face at one point.  Nuts.  Also, this line from the Edgerton was awesome:
he had this look on his face like he was right out of hell and hadn't ever gone to sleep. (59)
I imagine that might be an apt descriptor for me long about hour 20.

Snack Status: My favorite: green apple slices and peanut butter.  And a little chex mix.  Not as good as homemade, but it'll do in a pinch.



General Mood:  Good.  Talked to the kids for a bit this hour.  They're enjoying lunch with friends now.  I'm still feeling like I'm reading more slowly than usual, but alas.  I'm also feeling rushed as I read.  I hope I can chill out a little an fully enjoy the experience.

Finished Thus Far: nada

Total Pages Read: 123

Read on, friends!  And let's get some money for those kids at Orchard Knob Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good conversation, even (or especially) one that gets heated, so fire away! I try to respond to all in a timely manner.