2.28.2012

Read More/Blog More - poetry and mountains

I wrote a nice post this morning about mountain top removal mining and some beautiful poems in Jason Howard's We All Live Downstream, a collection of writings on the subject.  I included a film trailer, a poem by a Kentucky fifth-grader, and another by writer Janisse Ray.  I talked about the power of poetry to transcend our natural melodrama and to get to the heart of both problems and solutions.  And then, the power went out as I was proofreading, and though my laptop maintained battery power, the servers were down, so I couldn't post.  And then, tonight, upon returning to my FINISHED post, it was gone.  Entirely.  I know I'm not the first to be disappointed by technology, but I was ready to participate in read more/blog more on time this month.  So, I will read more and blog more about poetry tomorrow.  And tonight, I will watch tv with my husband and go to bed early and try to read more than 2 pages in The Widow of the South before sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hate it when something like that happens. It's such a frustrating feeling. Feel free to participate whenever you get a chance! I'll be sure to send everyone your way :)

    ReplyDelete