6.15.2011

The Art of the Novella Reading Challenge






You know Frances?  That really cool girl over at Nonsuch Book?  She had a good idea for a challenge.  And when she let some people who might be interested know about it, they agreed it was a good idea.  And they totally got on board and made a pretty picture (see above) and even added prizes.  And now, I am considering getting involved.  What do you think?  Should I make August the month of the novella?  I don't have any of these pretty editions currently, but I'm pretty sure I can make something happen. 

If you could read that list at right, you would see some good titles, only a few of which I've read before.  Any recommendations?  The Country of Pointed Firs has been on my list for awhile, but I don't have any particular leanings otherwise.

While we're on the subject of challenges, I plan to return to my TPR Challenge soon.  It has languished of late, and I am definitely ready to remedy that.  Perhaps I will participate in Paris in July again and use the month to make some real headway.  So many plans, so many books....

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Thrilled that you might read along. And know that you will read more than you originally planned once you start. They are novellas after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the short form, so I'm interested to see how much I'll get read. I haven't officially "registered" with my level of interest, but I think I'm at last captivated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to try the challenge, glad there will be other 'bibliomaniacs' out there with me.

    ReplyDelete