1.28.2011

The Return of Friday Frivolity

Well, work has officially and finally returned, and though I'm glad for it, it means I need to rejuvenate the old Friday Frivolity.  I, unfortunately, feel like Kathleen Kelly in You've Got Mail when she has that cold and has tissues stuffed in every pocket and under every pillow and tries to have a conversation but ends up complaining that her head just feels so stuffy.  That's me.  So, just go to Brenna's blog, Literary Musings and view this post from a few days ago.  Or go to the Rejectionist and watch this cat.  I'm still laughing - even if that laugh sort of rolls around in my cavernous, echoey head at the moment.  Happy (cough free) weekend to all. 

By the way: am I supposed to feel a little confused at the beginning of The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao or is that the head cold talking?

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for linking, Sarah! I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenna. I'm actually functioning just fine - with an annoyingly scratchy voice - a la Phoebe. And copious amounts of crud in my throat. And tissues. Lots of tissues. But I'm not complaining. There are much, much worse things in this world.

    ReplyDelete